Program Information & Requirements
What's included in the program?
- Over 180 hours of classroom time: History of Yoga, Yoga Philosophy, Theory and Practice of: asana, pranayama, chanting, meditation, kriyas, lifestyle, relationships, visualization.
- Daily practice: Start or end your day with an experience of what you have been learning.
- Practicums: Observe, assist and teach several classes to acquire experience.
- Mentor sessions: one-on-one sessions with a teacher who will create a personalized practice for you to do at home daily in your own time.
- Plus, the mentor will offer guidance and support throughout the process.
- Project: in order to graduate, the student will carry out a project in their specific area of interest and present to the faculty.
- Community service: experience the beauty of teaching yoga to those who would otherwise not be exposed to it, and expect nothing in return.
- Knowledge on two of yoga's most important texts: the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Bhagavad Gita.
- Learn various tools of yoga and how to place them together to create a great class.
- Become a confident teacher through experience.
What are the requirements to enroll?
- An open mind.
- Willingness to be a student.
- Commitment to learning and to a daily practice (given to you by your mentor).
- We welcome all interested parties.
- Yoga teaching experience is not required.
- Having paid your tuition.
How long will it take me to become a certified yoga instructor?
- Since this program allows you to work at your own pace, you can complete the program in a minimum of 5 months or the length of time that is most comfortable for you, up to 24 months.
- You decide how fast you want to work to get your yoga certification since we function on the trimester system, offering all modules 3 times per year.
What do I need to graduate?
- Required modules: Yoga 101 - 110
- Yoga 101: is the pre-requisite for all other modules.
- Yoga 110: is the last module you take.
- 2 Mentor Sessions
- Observation Practicum: 10 hours
- Supervised Student Teaching Practicum: 10 hours
- Completion of All Assignments
- Completion and presentation of your project